As a Queer journalist at a mostly Queer media outlet whose first published article involved Pride, I should be able to write an absolute banger of a Pride article.
However, this Queer voice has been heard enough, so I decided to do what Pride month represents: pushing Queer lives and our narratives from the shadows and into the light, amplifying our voices and telling our stories.
So, for DoubleSided Media’s and QueerCor(p)s official Pride article, I’ll giving you all open-sourced Queer media because my voice is not the only one worth reading. So, I’ll be providing open-sourced Queerness.
Because that’s Pride. This is Queer journalism and I hope you all enjoy what I believe does our people justice.
- The Stonewall Reader – New York Public Library
- To Be Queer is to Love All – Bandilang Itim
- Cruising Utopia: The Then and There of Queer Futurity – José Esteban Muñoz
- Disidentifications: Queers of Color and the Performance of Politics – José Esteban Muñoz
- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous – Ocean Vuong
- An Underground Life: Memoirs of a Gay Jew in Nazi Berling – Gad Beck
- Confessions of a Mask – Yukio Mishima
- The Men with the Pink Triangle: The True, Life-And-Death Story of Homosexuals in the Nazi Death Camps – Heinz Heger
- Sister Outsider – Audre Lorde & Cheryl Clarke
- Love, Rage and the Occupation Bisexual Politics in Israel/Palestine – Shiri Eisner
- Islam and Queer Muslims Identity and Sexuality in the Contemporary World – Mohamed Abdou & Mohamed Jean Veneuse
- Living Out Islam: Voices of Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Muslims – Scott Siraj al-Haqq Kugle
- Travesti: Sex, Gender, and Culture among Brazilian Transgendered Prostitutes – Don Kulick
- Persistence: All Ways Butch and Femme – Ivan E. Coyote & Zena Sharman
Sapphistries: A Global History of Love Between Women – Leila J. Rupp